This is recipe is for 2 but can be easily be doubled.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Add apple juice to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve over chicken.