Thursday, December 24, 2009
Stir 2 Cups of Sugar in 2/3 Cup of milk over low heat until it reaches 234 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in 1 Cup Marshmallow Cream, 1 Cup Peanut Butter (I prefer chunky), and 1 tea. of Vanilla. Pour into an 8x8 pan and let set. Once it it firm, cut into desired pieces.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I was a little unsure about trying these. My son is a very picky eater. He loves scrambled eggs but he doesn't like change. But I did want to try to fancy up my scrambled eggs a bit, so I tried it. I left the bacon out of his and he didn't noticed much difference. We didn't notice a huge difference either. They were good, a little creamer, but of course much fatter with all that was put into it. But if you are looking for something slightly different, they are worth trying.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in the eggs, Parmesan cheese, lemon-pepper and salt. Stir in bacon.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
These were supper yummy!! The recipe makes 6.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup min semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with almonds and additional sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.