This is very similar to a Greek Gyro. Mmmmm, so good!
Serving size: 4
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 whole gyro-style pitas (6 inches), warmed
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, parsley, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Saute beef in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Serve beef and onion on pitas with yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.